Viewing Planning Applications


For Applications Submitted Since 1 January 2008


Know the ref Don't know the ref

I know the reference number or site address

I don't know the reference number -
search by village (pending applications only)


Advice on how to submit a planning application



Frequently Asked Questions


How do I comment on or object to a current planning application?

Use the search facilities above which will take you through to the application documents and there is a button which will take you through to the comments screen.


Will subsequent amended or requested documents and details be included when they are received?

Yes, when an application is determined, the decision notice is added to the file


Are comments that are received on planning applications available to view on the website?

No, should you wish to see any comments received, please contact the case officer, the details of whom can be found within the application details when you carry out a search.  


Can I search for older applications?

Yes, if you know the reference number, but it will not show any of the associated documents


Can I see Planning Applications submitted before 2008 online?

No, we are unable to display documents relating to applications between 1999 and 2008 online. However, the key details of applications (i.e. dates of submission and decision, the decision made, the result of any subsequent appeal etc) are available on the Public Access Website.


How do I access Planning Applications submitted before 1999?

Details of planning applications submitted prior to 1999 are held by the Council on microfiche.


How do I view documents and applications submitted before 2008?

Contact the Planning Departments Duty Officer on 01664 502427 or email developmentcontrol@melton.gov.uk to arrange an appointment.