Business Grant Form
In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, the Chancellor announced two grants to support businesses through the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please note: Once a grant form is submitted it will be subject to internal due diligence and anti-fraud checks. This will apply to all forms received. In some instances following initial checks we may need to follow up with you to gather additional evidence.
There may be some instances where we are unable to complete the necessary verification checks. In these instances a Council officer will be in contact with you to discuss further.
Small Business Grants
A grant of £10k for each business that was eligible for relief under the small business rate relief scheme or rural rate relief scheme on March 11th 2020.
Retail, Leisure and Hospitality Grants
A grant available in the aforementioned sectors of £10k for businesses which had a rateable value of up to £15,000 and were eligible for retail relief on 11th March.
A grant of £25k for businesses with a rateable value of over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on 11th March.
Businesses should also be aware that the Small Business Grants, and Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grants will be classed as taxable Income. Businesses that make a loss this financial year will pay no tax on the grants with only those businesses that are profitable being taxed.
As per Central Government guidance, Melton Borough Council requires information to be completed, via submission of the above form, from eligible businesses in order to complete awards on grant payments.
It is your sole responsibility to ensure that:
- Any information provided by you as part of your claim including but not limited to your bank account details, are correct; and
- You have the relevant power and/or authorisation on behalf of your company to authorise payments into the bank account provided.
In any instances of incorrect payments, Melton Borough Council shall not be liable to you or be held responsible by you as the recipient. MBC reserves the right to clawback any payments made in error, either through system malfunction or provision of incorrect business or banking details.
Melton Borough Council reserve the right to reclaim any funding that is given to you, including but not limited to where the funding is given in error or due to you providing the Council with false and/or misleading information. Further, Melton Borough Council holds the right to undertake further checks to confirm eligibility for the grant and will contact you directly should this be required or there are any matters that we need to discuss regarding your claim.
By completing and submitting the form you are confirming that:
- You are in a position to authorise payments into the referenced bank account and that any fraudulent claims made could result in criminal prosecution and the grant being reclaimed;
- That the bank account details are accurate and that the funds from this grant will be placed into this account;
- You agree and accept that Melton Borough Council does not guarantee any funding; and
- You consent to Melton Borough Council processing, within its own organisation, central government and in accordance with the Data Protection Legislation any information that you have provided to them in order to process your claim successfully.
This page was last updated on 06.05.20