Adapting homes for disabled people
Help may be available to help residents with disabilities or health related problems which affect their access to live in their homes. In Leicestershire, the Lightbulb partnership across the local authorities now undertakes this work. They work with Leicestershire County Council therapists who carry out assessments to see where an adaption might help.
For minor adaptations:
- Contact the local Social Services office on 0116 305 0004 to request an assessment to be completed.
- Your needs will be assessed by a Occupational Therapist.
- The repairs and improvements team will be informed of the adaptations required to your home.
- The repairs and improvements will assess adapting your home or if your needs could be met by a move to a more suitable accommodation.
- Adaptions will take place with one of our contractors.
If you wish you can complete a self assessment form. This is available using the link below to the Leicestershire County Council website:
Frequently asked questions
For further information and advice, please see these frequently asked questions.