Melton Borough Council

Adapting homes for disabled people

We offer help to tenants with disabilities or health related problems which affect their access to live in their homes. We work with Leicestershire County Council therapists who carry out assessments to see where an adaption might help. 

Minor Adaptations 

For minor adaptations:

  1. Contact the local Social Services office on 0116 305 0004 to request an assessment to be completed. 
  2. Your needs will be assessed by a Occupational Therapist.
  3. The repairs and improvements team will be informed of the adaptations required to your home.
  4. The repairs and improvements will assess adapting your home or if your needs could be met by a move to a more suitable accommodation.
  5. Adaptions will take place with one of our contractors.

If you wish you can complete a self assessment form.  This is available using the link below to the Leicestershire County Council website: