Melton Borough Council

Request direct payments of housing benefit

If your tenant is in receipt of housing benefit it is possible, under certain circumstances, that we can make payments direct to you rather than to your tenant.  

Generally payments are usually only made where your tenant is in rent arrears of 8 weeks or more, however we may consider direct payment if the tenant has difficulty or is unlikely to pay their rent.

To apply for payments to be made in this way you will need to complete the online form.

Evidence will be required to support your request such as rent statements etc. Evidence can be uploaded within the form.