Melton Borough Council

Contaminated recycling will not be collected

Your recycling bin will not be emptied if it contains non-recyclable item(s) You will need to remove the item(s) and we will empty the bin on your next brown bin collection day.

Click here to see what can go in your brown bins

Make a claim for help paying Council Tax or rent

Before you access any of the following services please make sure you read our Privacy Notice.

Do any of the circumstances below apply to you?

  • You only require help to pay your council tax bill and/or
  • You and if applicable your partner have both reached the qualifying age for Pension Credit or receive a State Retirement Pension.
  • You have been placed in temporary accommodation due to homelessness by the council
  • You live in specified accommodation or a sheltered housing scheme.
  • You currently receive the Severe Disability Premium in the award of your Employment Support Allowance, Housing Benefit, Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance.
  • If you or your partner started to receive Pension Credit as a couple before 15th May 2019  


Yes           No