Landlord appealing a benefit decision
Appealing a housing benefit decision
A landlord can only appeal against the following decisions we have made:
- Whether or not to pay direct payments
- The reason for overpaid housing benefit
- Whether the overpayment is recoverable from them
A landlord cannot appeal the following:
- How much housing benefit has been awarded to a tenant.
- The Local Housing Allowance rate used as supplied by the Valuation Office.
- If we reduce payments that are made to you in order to recover an overpayment from your tenants previous address.
If you wish to appeal you will need complete our online appeal form within one month of the decision we have made.