Melton Borough Council

All Council Tax bills in the Melton Borough are showing a 3.1% increase for the LCC element of the 2018/19 bill. The bill should show a 3.0% increase.

The error has occurred with the percentage comparison of the LCC elements in the 2018/19 bill with the 2017/18 bill. Please be assured that the charges within the bill are correct.

Significant change

If you are in receipt of housing benefit and experience a change in circumstances this may result in you transferring from housing benefit to Universal Credit. If you report a change to us we will notify you if you need to make a claim for Universal Credit.

Below is a list of changes that may result in your housing benefit ending. This list is not exhaustive and additional changes may result in your housing benefit ending.

  • Birth of a child
  • Your partner moving in
  • Change of address
  • End of Employment Support Allowance, Income Support or Job Seekers Allowance  
  • Any period of nil entitlement to housing benefit
  • Starting work if unemployed