Melton Borough Council

Apply for building regulations approval

Regularisation application

Please ensure you know the application fee prior to filling out the form as the application cannot be completed without this information. Submit a Fee Request here.

Make an application


It is quite common for alterations or extensions undertaken without building regulation approval to cause difficulties when you are selling a house.

This happens when the vendor cannot supply the purchaser with the appropriate approval notice and/or completion certificate. This calls into question the quality of building construction and the structural integrity of the work. A Regularisation application can be submitted for work undertaken after 11th November 1985 which will assist this but you need to be aware that a fee is payable to the Council and breaches to the building regulations may need to be rectified.

Alternatively, download the Regularisation application form here.