Melton Borough Council

Discounts for disabled people

You may receive a reduction on your Council Tax if a disabled person (adult or child) permanently lives in your property and:

  • has an extra room or a second bathroom or kitchen which meets the special needs of their disability
  • there is sufficient floor space to permit the use of a wheelchair indoors
  • has had a stair lift fitted

The reduction to your bill would be the difference between the charge of the current band on the property and the one below. e.g. you live in a band C property so would pay a band B charge. If the property you live in is a band A, the reduction would be one ninth of the charge for a band D property.

If you believe you should be in receipt of this reduction please contact us for more information.