Fairmead prevention groups
Here is some Information on the action being taken by Melton Borough Council and partner agencies to prevent and tackle Anti-Social Behaviour on the Fairmead Estate.
- Fairmead Residents Group - Engages with local residents to tackle issues and improve the area for local people. In addition it develops activities and events for local residents. To find out the next date for this meeting please speak to your Customer Service Adviser.
- Police Beat Surgery - A chance to speak to your local beat team about the issues that are affecting you. Please ring 101 for further details.
- Youth Service - The Leicestershire County Council Youth Service are currently working with young people in your area, doing detached work on wednesdays and seeking to educate them about life choices and engage them in positive activities.
- Action Days - Melton Borough Council and partners recently held an action day with young people in which a number of fences in your area were painted free of charge and the area was litter picked by volunteers. If you wish to take part in a future scheme please ask your Customer Service Adviser.
- Local Beat Team: Town North - Your Local Beat Team for the Town North is headed by Sgt 923 Paul Kear.To speak to Paul or any other member of the beat team please ring the Police non-emergency number 101.
- Junior Youth Club - Held from 4.30-6.00 pm for 8-11year olds and 6.30-8.00 pm for 12+ at the Fairmead community centre, Drummond walk.