Find out about health and safety for businesses
Health and Safety for Business is split between two authorities:
- Melton Borough Council, who oversee the lower risk premises such as shops and offices.
- Health and Safety Executive, who look after the remainder of businesses such as manufacturing and industrial sites.
- Investigate accidents that are reported to us
- Inspect premises on a routine basis to check compliance with health and safety legislation
- Investigate complaints from employees relating to working conditions
- Register and inspect skin piercers and tattooists
- Provide general Health and Safety advice to businesses
There is lots of useful guidance on the HSE website to help businesses with what they should be doing day to day and what is expected of them.