Melton Borough Council

Apply for a riding establishment licence

Apply for Riding Establishment Licence

When submitting this form any personal information you give to us is covered by the Licensing Privacy Notice

For both renewals and new licences you will need to complete the application form and submit this with your payment.

The current fee is shown on our table of fees . You will also be required to pay a separate vet's inspection fee before your licence can be granted.

If you do not wish to submit your application as an online form you can also download and print off the application form.

A ‘horse’ is defined in the legislation as including any mare, gelding, pony, foal, colt, filly or stallion and also any ass, mule or jennet.

In terms of the business, licensing includes any premises keeping horses to let them out on hire for riding and/or for use in providing instruction in riding for payment. 

Your application will then be assessed and a vet will need to inspect the premises before your licence is granted. You will also need to demonstrate that you have adequate public liability insurance in place.