Melton Borough Council

Parliamentary Election results are now available

for the Rutland and Melton Constituency


Apply for a caravan site licence

Licences are required for certain static holiday or residential caravan sites within the borough.  Camp sites (e.g. with tents) are slightly different and can be found under the separate camp site section.

When submitting this form any personal information you give to us is covered by the Licensing Privacy Notice


Download application form

You must ensure that you have all necessary planning permissions in place before applying.


  •  a caravan sited within the premises of a house and is used by members of the house hold. 
  • a single caravan sited for less than two consecutive nights for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
  • up to three caravans on a site of more than five acres for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
  • sites occupied by exempted organisations such as the Caravan Club.
  • sites of up to 5 caravans certified by an exempt organisation and which are for members only.
  • sites occupied by the local authority. These are usually traveller sites.
  • sites for temporary and special purposes such as travelling salesmen.
  • a site for tents only can be used for a maximum of 28 days in any 12 months.
List of licenced Caravan sites



Go to our Camp Site licensing section