Melton Borough Council

Parliamentary Election results are now available

for the Rutland and Melton Constituency


Other licences

Street trading permits - We do not issue street trading permits anywhere in the borough, however you should check with Melton Mowbray Town Estate if you wish to have a stall or pitch in the town

Camping and caravan site licensing - If you wish to run a caravan site then a licence may be required from us 

Food business registration - If you wish to start a food business you will need to register with us

Homes in multiple occupation (HMOs) - You will need a licence for any houses you own in multiple occupation

Pollution permits - certain industries and activities can potentially generate pollution.  We and the Environment Agency issue permits depending on the type of operation 

Child work permitsChildren can only work if they have a valid work permit. Employers are responsible for applying for a child’s work permit through Leicestershire County Council

Fireworks and explosives licences - Leicestershire Trading Standards are responsible for issuing licences for the safe storage and sale of fireworks

Petroleum licences - Premises wishing to sell petrol will need a licence from the County Council

Marriage licences - To hold a marriage or civil partnership ceremony in Leicestershire a venue must have an approved premises licence issued by Leicestershire County Council 

Performing animals licence - Leicestershire County Council issue licences for performing animals 

Performing Right Society licences - For a licence to play, perform or make available copyright music 

Dog Walkers - Professional dog walking is not a licensable activity and accordingly we keep no records of people wishing to do this, nor do we have any enforcement powers in this respect.  Members of the public wishing to use the services of dog walkers are encouraged to check they have suitable public liability insurance and background checks.