Report fly tipping
Report fly tipping<!-- rel:snippet -->
Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of waste and can vary in scale from a single bag of rubbish to a lorry load or more. Fly-tipping can be found anywhere including footpaths, lay-bys or on private land.
Fly tipping can potentially be a threat to humans and wildlife, and can damage our environment so please help us by reporting incidents as soon as you can.
If you find illegally dumped waste:
- Don't disturb the site in case there is evidence that could lead to catching and prosecuting those responsible
- Don't touch the waste because it may include toxic chemicals, asbestos or broken glass
- Visually inspect the waste so you can pass accurate information on
- Make a note of what the waste is, how much there is and if it is near to water (such as a stream or river)
- Record details of the incident such as description and number of people involved
- Make note of the make, colour, registration and any special markings on the vehicle
- However, do not do anything that could put yourself in danger
- Pass the information on to us and we will do the rest. The officer responsible will then investigate and try to identify the offender. In these cases we can take enforcement action against the perpetrator
We aim to remove fly-tipping within two working days, from the day it is reported. Priority will be given to hazardous waste. large quantities of fly-tipping may take longer but will be removed as soon as practical.
Please note: It is always the responsibility of the landowner to clear up fly-tipping on their own land.
We have joined together with other councils in Leicestershire to raise awareness of fly-tipping and have launched the campaign #IfOnly.
You can watch the campaign video here.
For more information about the campiagn please visit Leicestershire Waste Partnership