What textiles and small electricals can be recycled kerbside?
Small electricals and textiles recycling
From October 1st Melton Borough Council will be collecting some textiles and small electrical items to be recycled alongside your regular kerbside collections.
Please place your small electricals in a separate standard sized plastic bag to your textiles and leave out next to your bins by 7:30am on the day of your collection.
- Irons, toasters, blenders and other kitchen appliances
- Power tools,
- Smoke detectors and thermostats
- Hairdryers, clippers and shavers, electric toothbrushes, straighteners and curling tongs
- Radios, CD/MP3 players and speakers
- Alarm clocks, calculators, clocks and torches
- DVD and video players, game consoles and remote controls
- Mobile phones, cameras and chargers
- Hard drives and computer components
- Small electrical toys
- Household, mobile phone and laptop batteries.
- low energy light bulbs
- TVs, laptops and computer monitors
- Anything too big to fit inside a standard size carrier bag
All kinds of clothing, curtains, bed sheets, blankets and towels. Items don’t need to be in good condition as they will be recycled into something else.
Duvets, pillows, cushions, shoes, rugs and carpet