Dispose of a large or bulky item
If you have a large or bulky item that you need to dispose of you may want to consider the following options:
- Donate furniture to the Melton Furniture project
- Try to recycle it - advertise it on Freecycle
- Sell the item - try sites like ebay, Gumtree or the market place and groups on facebook
- If buying a new item, check if the shop will take away your old item
- Take it to the tip
|Number of Items||Price||Discount for people claiming Pension Credits or income based benefits|
|More than 5 items||£31.00 + £9.00 for each additional item||£21.50 + £6.70 for each additional item|
|Fridge Freezer collection||£25.60||£25.60|
Bulky waste is...
Bulky waste consists of unwanted household items that will not fit into your wheelie bin. Examples include washing machines, furniture, beds and carpets. If you are unsure please check the list of accepted items.
- Melton Town - your collection will take place the following Monday (if this falls on a bank holiday your collection will take place 1 week later)
- Villages - your collection will take place the following Tuesday
- Please do not put your items out until the day they will be collected, as they may cause an obstruction
- Put items out before 7.30am
A single collection of white goods are charged at £25.00 (fridges, freezers, dishwashers, cookers etc) If you have more than one of these items to collect, please see charges for 2-5 items.