Apply for a private hire operator's licence
Applicants for a Private Hire Vehicle Operators Licence will have to show that they are ‘Fit & Proper’ to hold such a Licence and we follow the Taxi & Private Hire vehicle licensing best practice guidance.
- Download and complete the application above
- In line with the requirements of the Immigration Act 2016, please provide proof of right to work in the UK – see these details of documents required
- Provide Basic Disclosure for all applicants (Directors if a Ltd Company) - a basic disclosure report from The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) carried out on the police national computer. You can apply on the Disclosure and Barring Service website. It can take two to three weeks for a disclosure search to be returned. (Note: The disclosure search must be no older than one month from its issue date when applying).
- Pay fee. Current fees are shown on our licensing fees page.
- Send application to us either by emailing email@example.com or sending the paper form to: Parkside, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leics LE13 1GH
Operator licences run for five years.
You will also need:
- A landline
- You may need planning permission, particularly if operating from a residential property
Further information is in our licensing policy