Melton Borough Council

My Account system upgrade update

We are making changes to My Account. If you have an existing My Account please check for an email from us with details about your new upgraded account.

Privacy Notices

Human Resources and Payroll - Privacy Notice

Melton Borough Council - Privacy Notice:

Human Resources and Payroll

Who we are

Melton Borough Council uses your personal data to provide you with the Human Resources and Payroll service.

Our Data Protection Officer is the Corporate Improvement Manager at Parkside, Station Approach, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 1GH. They can be emailed at

Why we process your data

The Council’s Human Resources and Payroll service can process your personal data under the Local Government Act 1972 and specifically under the Finance Act 2016 and associated legislation and regulations concerning statutory pay, statutory sick pay, statutory maternity and paternity pay, and National Insurance contributions.

It processes your data for the following purposes:

  • To process payroll and make payments and deductions.


Who we share your data with

The Council sometimes shares your data with the following organisations:

  • Leicestershire County Council

We take part in the Cabinet Office's National Fraud Initiative: a data matching exercise to assist in the prevention and detection of fraud. To see what we must give the Minister for the Cabinet Office, click here.

How we keep your data secure in other countries

Where the Council transfers your data to any organisation in a third country or international organisation (e.g. using Cloud storage) appropriate or suitable safeguards will be written into the contract. You can ask for a copy of the contracts here.

How long we keep your data for

The Council is required to keep your data for 6 years after the termination of your employment.

Your rights

You have the following rights:

  • To ask for a copy of the data we hold on you
  • To ask us to delete data on you that we no longer need
  • To ask us to correct data about you that is wrong
  • To ask us to stop processing your data temporarily if you think it is wrong until we work out what is correct
  • To ask us to let you take a copy of your data in a portable format to another organisation

You can put in a request for any of these here

The basis for processing your data is statutory, once you have a contract of employment. Failure to provide such data would mean that the Council would be unable to make correct payroll payments.

Profiling and automated decisions

We do not currently undertake any profiling activities or take automated decisions about you.

How to complain

You can complain to the Council here. If you are not happy with our response, you can request a review, and if, after that, you are still unsatisfied, you can then take the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office.