Melton Borough Council

Privacy Notices

Seniors' Forum - Privacy Notice

Melton Borough Council Privacy Notice

Seniors’ Forum

Who we are               

Melton Borough Council is the local authority for the Melton Mowbray area which administers the local Seniors’ Forum.

Our Data Protection Officer is the Corporate Improvement Manager at Parkside, Station Approach, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 1GH. They can be emailed at

Why we process your data

The Council can process your personal data under the Local Government Act 1972 and the Localism Act 2011.

The Council may process your data for the following purposes:

  • To allow the Seniors’ Forum events and activities to be administered
  • To allow events for the Seniors’ Forum to be organised

Who we share your data with

The Council may sometimes share your data with the following organisations:

  • Other public authorities and public partnerships (e.g. councils, schools, NHS providers, Police, government departments etc.)

This is to help us organise Seniors’ Forum events with other organisations where we need these to be present, however, this is highly unlikely.

How we keep your data secure in other countries

The Council does not transfer your data to third parties in other countries.

How long we keep your data for

The Council will update the data list on an annual basis.

Your rights

You have the following rights:

  • To ask us for a copy of the data that we hold about you
  • To ask us to delete data on you that is no longer needed
  • To ask us to correct data about you that is wrong
  • To ask us to stop processing your data temporarily if you think it is wrong until they work out what is correct
  • To ask us to let you take a copy of your data in a portable format to another organisation

You can put in a request for any of these here

If you only gave us your data with consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Please just get in touch with us.

Profiling and automated decisions

The Council does not currently undertake any profiling activities or take automated decisions about you.

How to complain

You can complain to the Council here. If you are not happy with our response, you can request a review, and if, after that, you are still unsatisfied, you can then take the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office