Customer Services Privacy Notice
Melton Borough Council Privacy Notice
Customer Services Enquiries
Who we are
Melton Borough Council uses your personal data to provide you with the Customer Services enquiries service.
Our Data Protection Officer is the Director for Governance and Regulatory Services at Parkside, Station Approach, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 1GH. They can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we process your data
The Council’s Customer Services can process your personal data under the Local Government Act 1972 and the Localism Act 2011.
It processes your data for the following purposes:
- To allow us to answer your enquiries.
- Where you have agreed for the purpose of consulting, informing and gauging your opinion about our products and services. This is consent-based. There are no consequences to you if you do not provide your data.
- To ensure we meet our statutory obligations, including those related to diversity and equal opportunity.
Who we share your data with
The Council sometimes shares your data with the following organisations:
- Other public authorities and public partnerships (e.g. councils, schools, NHS providers, Police, government departments etc.)
- Voluntary and non-commercial sector organisations that help us deliver services
- Businesses that we contract with to help us deliver services
We take part in the Cabinet Office's National Fraud Initiative: a data matching exercise to assist in the prevention and detection of fraud. To see what we must give the Minister for the Cabinet Office, click here.
How we keep your data secure in other countries
The Council does not transfer Customer Services data to third parties in other countries.
How long we keep your data for
Customer Services records can be kept up to 7 years after the last transaction against a contact identity.
You have the following rights:
- To ask for a copy of the data we hold on you
- To ask us to delete data on you that we no longer need
- To ask us to correct data about you that is wrong
- To ask us to stop processing your data temporarily if you think it is wrong until we work out what is correct
- To ask us to let you take a copy of your data in a portable format to another organisation
You can put in a request for any of these here.
If you only gave us your data with consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Please just get in touch with us.
Profiling and automated decisions
The Council does not currently undertake any profiling activities or take automated decisions about you.
How to complain
You can complain to the Council here. If you are not happy with our response, you can request a review, and if, after that, you are still unsatisfied, you can then take the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office