7 King Street
7 King Street in Melton Mowbray is a building of special architectural and historic interest, it is the oldest secular building in the town and parts of it belonging to a medieval house from around 1330 and the Edwardian shop front remains. Its roof beams and octagonal crown post are now visible as they were when it was part of the moot hall of the castle.
It was unoccupied for over 15 years and restored by Melton Borough Council with the support of heritage lottery funding in 2004. There are remnants of flower sprig and dot wallpaper dating back to August 1885 and the Crown post and beams date back to the original building.
The building is rented to commercial occupiers; currently Melton Toys are occupying the ground floor of the building and an office sharing user in the first floor.
For further information in relation to pre-arranged public access please contact us by emailing FMTeam@melton.gov.uk.