Melton Borough Council

Green Waste Club - Biffa Service 2019 Subscription Renewals

New, existing and potential Green Waste Club members are advised to contact Biffa Garden Waste Club directly on 0800 0858 286 to discuss any questions they may have regarding the service.

Apply for a personal alcohol licence

Personal licences are required for anyone who is required to authorise the sales of alcohol at a premises.  They also enable you to apply for 50 Temporary Event Notices each year rather than the normal five.

Personal licence holders must:


To apply please complete and return to us:

  • Level 2 National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders - this is a one day course with a multiple choice exam. There are various course providers.
  • Basic Disclosure - a basic disclosure report from The Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) carried out on the police national computer. You can apply on the Disclosure and Barring Service website. It can take two to three weeks for a disclosure search to be returned. (Note: The disclosure search must be no older than one month from its issue date when applying).
  • Two passport size photographs - one of the photographs must be endorsed as a true likeliness of the applicant by a solicitor or notary, a person of standing in the community or an individual with a professional qualification
  • Disclosure of convictions and declaration - any relevant convictions or foreign offences, as detailed in Schedule 4 and Section 113 of the Licensing Act 2003, must be declared on this form. Please ensure the form is signed and dated
  • Application form for a personal licence - please complete the form in full and ensure all the items on the checklist (Part 5) are present
  • In line with the requirements of the Immigration Act 2016, please provide proof of right to work in the UK – see these details of documents required
  • Correct fee - the fee for a personal licence application is £37 and payable to Melton Borough Council. It is not refundable if the application is withdrawn or is unsuccessful


You will also need to:


Expiry of personal licences

Please note that you are no longer required to renew your Personal Licence after 10 years.  Instead personal licences will now remain valid indefinitely, unless they are either surrendered or revoked.

Lost licences

If you lose your licence we can send you a new one however a fee is payable for the replacement