Melton Borough Council

Contaminated recycling will not be collected

Your recycling bin will not be emptied if it contains non-recyclable item(s) You will need to remove the item(s) and we will empty the bin on your next brown bin collection day.

Click here to see what can go in your brown bins

Transfer a premises licence

Sometimes it is necessary to change the actual holder of a premises licence.  This might happen when, for example, a property is sold.

Applications need to be made by the new person or organisation taking on the licence.

You may also need to apply to change the Designated Premises Supervisor, if you have one. 

Change a DPS

To transfer a licence, send us:

  • A completed application form
  • A consent form agreeing to the transfer signed by the previous licence holder
  • your current licence (but please keep the accompanying plan of the premises)
  • Your payment of the current fee

Send to the Police:

  • A copy of all of the documents above
  • A completed Police Information Form



    Send to Home Office Immigration Enforcement:

    • A copy of the application form


    Police Address

    The Chief Officer of Police, The Licensing Section, Mansfield House, 74 Belgrave Gate, Leicester LE1 3GG 



    Home Office address

    The Alcohol and Licensing Team, Home Office, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY, or email it to


    Interim Authority Notices

    If you submit an Interim Authority Notice, this too must go to Melton BC, the Police and Home Office