Melton Borough Council

Apply for a house to house collection permit

If you are planning to carry out a collection of money (or articles for sale or use) by going from house to house in the borough (including business premises) and the proceeds are for charitable purposes, you will need a permit from Melton Borough Council. 

Large charities sometimes have a Home Office exemption from registering with us however they must still inform us of the dates on which they wish to collect.

Once the collection has taken place, you will need to fill in a return showing how much money has been collected and how it has been allocated.