Melton Borough Council

Food safety for childminders


Childminders are no longer required to register directly with us if they provide food to children in their care.

You must still handle food safely and in accordance with current laws.  You should also keep some simple, basic records.  You can find these on the Food Standards Agency's website which also allows you to download a free food safety pack called Safer Food Better Business for Childminders.  We periodically have hard copies of the pack available free, please ask us for a copy.

What do I need to do? 

We will also ask you to complete the questionnaire below, which will help us understand the sort of food you will be preparing.  Please return it to us at Parkside, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray LE13 1GH.

Complete the childminder food safety questionnaire