Food Hygiene Rating Scheme
Changing your score
Please note that when submitting any of these forms any personal information you give to us is covered by the Environmental Health Privacy Notice
Request a revisit
Revisits can be requested at any time. Please note that there is now a charge of £150 for each requested food hygiene rating re-inspection which must be paid in advance.
If you are a food business wishing to change your score by a new inspection, you will need to request this in one of the following ways:
- Completing the ‘Your Food Hygiene Rating’ leaflet you will have been provided with after your inspection
- Completing the online form linked below
- Submitting a written email request to us (firstname.lastname@example.org ) . You will need to include your premises details and how you have improved.
- Submitting a written request via the post to Environmental Health, Melton Borough Council, Parkside, Station Approach, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray LE13 1GH. You will need to include your premises details and how you have improved.
- By using one of the standard request forms available on the Food Standards Agency website
Your payment of £150 will be needed before the application can be accepted, which can be submitted by cheque payable to Melton Borough Council
Verbal requests will not be accepted.
Appeal your score
If you disagree with the score the inspector awarded then you can appeal but only within the first 21 days beginning with when you were notified of your FHRS score.
Food businesses can appeal your score using the online form below:
Use your 'Right to Reply'
Food businesses have a right to reply on the national website, to explain why they feel they got the score they did, or to explain what they have done to improve since then. To place your comment on the Food Hygiene Rating Scheme website please complete and return the form below.