Melton Borough Council

Food complaints

Food complaints can be alleging a case of food poisoning, contamination of food or simply to advise of poor standards in a food business.  You can use the online form below.  

Complaints about weights and measures issues, including labelling and allergen information should be directed to Leicestershire Trading Standards.


Make a food complaint

Food Poisoning 

If you suspect you have food poisoning please see your GP so that they can carry out tests and check whether you need any treatment, as it is easy to become dehydrated.  Without positive test results it is often difficult to pin point a cause or link to a particular premises.  


Please remember that food poisoning can take days and sometimes weeks to make you ill after eating the food.  It is not often the last thing you ate. 

If you work as a food handler you must not return to work until well.