Melton Borough Council

My Account system upgrade update

We are making changes to My Account. If you have an existing My Account please check for an email from us with details about your new upgraded account.

Emergency repairs for council housing tenants

Emergency plumbing, electrical and drain repairs

Examples of an emergency would be:

  • Major plumbing fault
  • Dangerous electrical faults
    (Note: If you have a total loss of power at the electric meter you will need to contact your electric supplier)
  • Blocked drains where there is a concern for health and welfare.

Emergency repairs to council housing can be reported by calling 01664 502502 and following the instructions on the message.

Please note: only report repairs out of normal working hours if it is an emergency. The out of hours number is 01664 481000.

Please note: do not use the emergency system if you do not need to. If we find that the problem is not a genuine emergency, we will charge you for the service.

Gas leaks

If you suspect there is a gas leak, turn off your gas supply on the appliance and at the meter. You will then need to contact the National Grid at: 0800 111 999

Afterwards do the following things: 

  • Do not switch any electrical appliances off or on, including electrically operated door-entry systems.
  • Open windows and doors to ventilate the property.
  • Put out fires, naked flames and cigarettes.
  • Do not light or strike any matches or lighters.
  • Do not use any gas appliances until the gas repairer has told you it is safe to do so.

National Grid will try to trace the leak and carry out immediate repairs if they can be done easily. If more extensive work is needed, they will put a warning label on the faulty appliance. You should tell us immediately if this happens. We will then do the repair as quickly as possible.