Emergency repairs for council housing tenants
Emergency repairs to council housing can be reported by calling 01664 502502 and following the instructions on the message.
Please only report repairs out of normal working hours if it is an emergency.
Examples of an emergency would be:
Major plumbing fault
Dangerous electrical faults
Blocked drains where there is a concern for health and welfare.
Please do not use the emergency system if you do not need to. If we find that the problem is not a genuine emergency, we will charge you for the service.
If you suspect there is a gas leak, turn off your gas supply on the appliance and at the meter. You will then need to contact National Grid on
0800 111 999
and then do the following things.
- Do not switch any electrical appliances off or on, including electrically operated door-entry systems.
- Open windows and doors to ventilate the property.
- Put out fires, naked flames and cigarettes.
- Do not light or strike any matches or lighters.
- Do not use any gas appliances until the gas repairer has told you it is safe to do so.
National Grid will try to trace the leak and carry out immediate repairs if they can be done easily. If more extensive work is needed, they will put a warning label on the faulty appliance. You should tell us immediately if this happens. We will then do the repair as quickly as possible.
If you have a total loss of power at the electric meter you will need to contact your electric supplier.