Melton Borough Council

Contaminated recycling will not be collected from October 1st 2019

From 1st October 2019 your recycling bin will not be emptied if it contains non-recyclable item(s) You will need to remove the item(s) and we will empty the bin on your next brown bin collection day.

Click here to see what can go in your brown bins

Agricultural buildings

Planning rules that govern the need for permission for agricultural buildings are complex. There are a limited range of exemptions and there are various works that can be authorised using a 'prior notification' system, rather than the full planning application process. However, these opportunities are limited to specific circumstances and it is strongly recommended that specific advice is sought before embarking on the development of such a building.

Forms to make an application under both the prior notification and conventional planning applications are available from the Planning Application Forms and Guidance section of this website 

Melton Borough Council will advise on the need for planning permission for the erection or conversion of agricultural buildings and offer design guidance. Grants may be available for the re-use of redundant farm buildings for new uses. For more information please call Customer Services on 01664 502502, Monday to Friday.