Melton Borough Council

Contaminated recycling will not be collected

Your recycling bin will not be emptied if it contains non-recyclable item(s) You will need to remove the item(s) and we will empty the bin on your next brown bin collection day.

Click here to see what can go in your brown bins

House extensions

The general planning principles and the procedures when proposing an extension or works to a residential property can be found on the Planning Portal website. This is an interactive service that advises on works that are permitted development and what works require the benefit of planning permission. 

There are also different requirements if your house is a Listed Building or in a Conservation Area. You may require Listed Building Consent for the works; however, it is advisable to contact us before commencing works to a Listed Building.

When you embark on the construction of an extension to your property, it more than likely that you would also require the benefit of approval under the Building Regulations