Melton Borough Council

Contaminated recycling will not be collected

Your recycling bin will not be emptied if it contains non-recyclable item(s) You will need to remove the item(s) and we will empty the bin on your next brown bin collection day.

Click here to see what can go in your brown bins

Apply for a Lottery Licence

Often societies, clubs or charities raise funds by selling lottery tickets to the general public.  Where tickets are sold in advance of the draw (for example in the days prior to the event) then they will need to have a Small Lottery Registration. You do not need a registration where tickets are sold only at the event to attendees, for example a tombola.

This Registration has to be taken out with the Local Authority in whose area the society etc is based, or where their Head Office is based.

To register as a small society lottery you must complete the application form linked below and submit it with the registration fee. We will process the application and issue a registration certificate.

 Payment can be made either by cheque or using our online payment system.

After a lottery the promoter will need to complete and return to us a formal account detailing ticket sales.  You can download the template here.