Are you exempt from paying Council Tax
Are you exempt from paying Council Tax?
Before you access any of the following services please make sure you read our Privacy Notice.
Certain people do not have to pay Council Tax when looking at the number of adults living in a property.
The people who do not have to pay Council Tax are:
- Full time students
- Student nurses
- Apprentices and Youth Training trainees
- Patients resident in hospital
- People who are being looked after in care homes
- Empty properties which were lived in by people who are living elsewhere for the purpose of providing personal care
- Empty properties which were lived in by people who are now receiving personal care in a place other than a hospital or care home
- People who are severely mentally impaired
- 18 and 19 year olds who are at or have just left school
- Members of visiting forces and certain international institutions
- Members of religious communities
- People in prison (except those in prison for non-payment of Council Tax or a fine)
- Diplomats and their spouses
- Charitable Organisations (Download Form)
To apply for any of the above discounts, please call 01664 502 502
If you have one or more of the listed people within your household, please let us know.