Melton Local Plan reaches next key stagePublished Tuesday, 8th November 2016
Melton Borough Council has reached a key stage in the progress towards a new Local Plan.
- Provision of housing land for 6125 houses, with a 65/35% split between the town and villages and 2 major Sustainable Neighbourhoods providing most of the growth in Melton Mowbray
- Key infrastructure provision – the incorporation of two legs of the Melton distributor road as parts of the new development, and an explanation on how these can be connected to the east of the town to provide a complete solution to the town’s traffic problems.
- Employment land of sufficient quantity and quality in key locations to allow businesses to start up, grow or relocate.
- A dispersed approach to housing in villages so that it is focussed on the most sustainable locations, whilst also allowing a relaxation in smaller villages to allow some modest growth.
- A suite of environmental polices that protect our countryside and historic assets whilst allowing the countryside to remain a place where agriculture and business can flourish.
- The expectations for the provision of infrastructure and for the development of the Community Infrastructure Levy to assist their realisation.
- Sites for housing, set out on a site by site basis, and alongside are a set of polices that make specific provisions for circumstances related to the location or the site concerned.
- Policy which sets out the level of provision for affordable housing including starter homes, for future generations of home owners.
Gaddesby Village Hall
4pm - 8pm
Old Dalby Village Hall
3pm - 7pm
Harby Village Hall
4pm - 8pm
Melton Mowbray Parkside
10am - 7pm
- More articles in the news archive