Melton Borough Council

Unhappy with your benefit and/or support decision

If you are unhappy about your housing benefit and council tax support decision you can ask us to..

  • Explain our decision to you
  • Look at the decision again (this is known as a reconsideration)

Please complete the form below to ask us to explain or look at our decision again

Unhappy with decision

If you are still unhappy with the decision you can appeal in writing or by email. This must be received within one month of the date you received your last decision notice.

What happens next?

The decision you are unhappy with will be looked at again and we will write to you with the outcome.

If you have appealed and we can not change our decision we will send your appeal to the Tribunal Service.