Melton Borough Council

Find out how to swap your house (mutual exchange)

If you have a secure or housing association tenancy then you may have the right to exchange your tenancy with another tenant (subject to your landlord's approval). This is called a mutual exchange.

To register details or look for a swap partner go to the homeswapper website.  

When you have found a swap partner:

You will need to get written consent form you landlord before you move.

If you are swapping with another tenant from a different landlord then you will need to contact their landlord and they will send you the relevant forms.