Melton Borough Council

Green Waste Club - Biffa Service 2019 Subscription Renewals

New, existing and potential Green Waste Club members are advised to contact Biffa Garden Waste Club directly on 0800 0858 286 to discuss any questions they may have regarding the service.

Apply for building regulations approval

There are several types of Building Regulation applications available depending on the type of work being carried out. If you require any advice on the best application type for your project you can contact Building Control.

You can now now submit your building regulation applications via the Planning Portal 

Full plans application

A Full Plans Application can be used for all types of building work and is normally the best choice for work that includes;

  • Loft conversions
  • Major structural alterations
  • New buildings
  • Large extensions

Building notice application

This is only available for domestic work. It is a quicker route, mainly for smaller works where you may not wish to employ an agent.

Regularisation application

A Regularisation Application allows the Council to consider work which has been carried out and completed, without the submission of plans or giving notice at the time of the works. 

Demolition application

Required for demolition of a building in excess of 50 cubic metres.

Application for street naming and numbering

For street naming and/or numbering registrations.