Melton Borough Council

Council housing

Due to the low supply and high demand for council housing, please consider private renting as an alternative option.

Before you access any of the following services please make sure you read our Privacy Notice.

Universal Credit (UC) – Rent Changes

All Melton Borough Council tenants in receipt of Universal Credit are reminded they must check and update their Journal with any change to their housing costs.

The Council will not let Universal Credit know about changes to your rent or any other changes.

You can report a change by logging into your UC account at

CORE - Continuous Recording of Social Housing

CORE is a system of recording information for social housing lettings and sales provided by the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG).  Melton Borough Council as a provider of social housing is required to take part in this system.

CORE involves the processing of your personal information and is controlled by an information sharing agreement with MHCLG in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which protects your rights.  These rights are explained in the Privacy Notices shown below.

If you are a new tenant or are buying your council house under Right To Buy you should read the CORE Privacy Notice here.

If you are an existing tenant or tranferring between properties you should read the CORE Privacy Notice here.

Melton Borough Council Council housing information RSS feed