Waste Management - Privacy Notice
Melton Borough Council - Privacy Notice:
Who we are
Melton Borough Council uses your personal data to provide you with the Waste Management service.
Our Data Protection Officer is the Corporate Improvement Manager at Parkside, Station Approach, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire LE13 1GH. They can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why we process your data
Our Waste Management service can process your personal data under the Local Government Act 1972 and the Localism Act 2011, and specifically under the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
It processes your data for the following purposes:
- To determine a comprehensive list of domestic properties entitled to waste collection
- To determine specific variations to the service according to the location of households, and the physical and mental capabilities of the members of the households.
Who we share your data with
The Council sometimes shares your data with the following organisations:
- Other public authorities and public partnerships (e.g. councils, schools, NHS providers, Police, government departments etc.)
- Businesses that we contract with to help us deliver services
We take part in the Cabinet Office's National Fraud Initiative: a data matching exercise to assist in the prevention and detection of fraud. To see what we must give the Minister for the Cabinet Office, click here.
How we keep your data secure in other countries
Where the Council transfers your data to any organisation in a third country or international organisation (e.g. using Cloud storage) appropriate or suitable safeguards will be written into the contract. You can ask for a copy of the contracts here.
How long we keep your data for
The Council is required to keep your data for 6 years after the date of the last transaction with you.
You have the following rights:
- To ask for a copy of the data we hold on you
- To ask us to delete data on you that we no longer need
- To ask us to correct data about you that is wrong
- To ask us to stop processing your data temporarily if you think it is wrong until we work out what is correct
- To ask us to let you take a copy of your data in a portable format to another organisation
You can put in a request for any of these here.
If you only gave us your data with consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Please just get in touch with us. The basis for processing your data is statutory. If the service you receive needs to be varied from the standard collection service, due to specific personal needs, consent to a modified service will be jointly agreed between you and the Council, to instruct the contracted provider of the service.
Profiling and automated decisions
The Council does not currently undertake any profiling activities or take automated decisions about you.
How to complain
You can complain to the Council here. If you are not happy with our response, you can request a review, and if, after that, you are still unsatisfied, you can then take the matter to the Information Commissioner’s Office.