We are holding Borough and Parish Elections on 4 May.

Your vote matters, don't lose it. Make sure you are registered to vote and have an accepted form of photo ID to take with you.
Visit our elections pages to find out more or register to vote.

Benefit cap

There is a limit on the total amount of benefits that most working age people can get. This is called the benefit cap.

The cap is applicable if you are a couple or single parent and the total amount of benefit you receive exceeds £20,000 per year or £13,400 for a single person with no children.

What happens if I reach the benefits cap?

If the benefit cap applies to you, it is deducted from any housing benefit or Universal Credit award you may receive.

More information

More details of what benefits are included and what exclusions apply can be found on Gov UK - Benefit cap amounts (see link below).

If you are affected by the benefit cap and would like further help/support please contact us on 01664 502342.

Last updated 15 February 2023
Feedback button