Single person discount

If you are the only adult living in a property as your main home, you can apply for single person's discount which means your Council Tax bill will be reduced by 25%.

The discount will continue for as long as you occupy the property as the single adult.

The following types of changes may affect your discount and you should let us know if:

  • Another adult comes to stay with you and this is their main home
  • A child reaches the age of 18 - you must inform us even if they are a student
  • You leave the property on a permanent basis

To apply for single persons discount you will need to have a My Account login. If you don't already have a login you, can create an account. 

You should then register for online Council Tax services.

Last updated 2 November 2021
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.
Related pages