We are holding Borough and Parish Elections on 4 May.

Your vote matters, don't lose it. Make sure you are registered to vote and have an accepted form of photo ID to take with you.
Visit our elections pages to find out more or register to vote.

Changes you must report

If you receive direct payment of housing benefit for a tenant, you have a duty to report to us any changes in your tenant's circumstances that you become aware of which could affect their housing benefit. It is a criminal offence for landlords, tenants and agents to not report these changes. You are not expected to intrude on your tenant's privacy, but you are expected to report a change that you could reasonably know about. 

Examples include:

  • Any change in the tenant's address (including changing rooms in a house) 
  • People joining or leaving the tenant's household 
  • Any change in rent charged or services provided 
  • Any obvious change in the tenant's income that you could reasonably be expected to be aware of


Last updated 2 November 2021
Feedback button