We are holding Borough and Parish Elections on 4 May.

Your vote matters, don't lose it. Make sure you are registered to vote and have an accepted form of photo ID to take with you.
Visit our elections pages to find out more or register to vote.

When should your tenant claim

Your tenant should claim online as soon as they become liable for payments. If they delay in claiming they may lose benefit. We will also need to see evidence to support their claim.

If they cannot provide us with the evidence we need at the time they should still make the claim and provide evidence later to avoid losing benefit.

What evidence must the tenant provide

For the claimant and any partner we will need to see original proof of identity, National Insurance number. We will also need evidence of income, capital, benefits and rent. Evidence can be sent to us via our website or can be brought or posted to the council offices.

We can start to process a claim as soon as we get the form, but we will not be able to pay any benefit until we have all the evidence we need. We will advise the tenant of any evidence needed.

Last updated 2 November 2021
Feedback button