Information and support for Ukraine


Find out more information about the government's Council Tax Rebate of £150.

Home energy

There are a number of ways to get help to reduce energy costs. Energy efficiency tips are available from the Energy Saving Trust and Citizens Advice provide information on changing your energy supplier.

Your energy provider can sometimes help you reduce your costs - get in touch with them directly.

We are working with Street Home Solutions to offer householders advice on improving the energy efficiency of their home and providing help to access grants for energy efficiency measures. Please contact Street Home Solutions direct on 01604 740950 for more information.

The Government ECO Scheme - Cavity wall insulation, loft insulation and replacement boilers

Melton Borough Council is currently working with EnergyCare Group to support the Government’s ECO initiative, this can provide replacement boilers, cavity wall and loft insulation to qualifying households. 

For further details including how to apply, please visit the EnergyCare Group website

Support with energy supply issues for vulnerable groups

If you have a health issue that would be affected by disruptions to your energy supply contact:

  • For electricity: Western Power and sign up to their register for support in the event of a power cut 
  • For gas: contact Cadent Gas.
Last updated 13 June 2022
A to Z of Council Services
Feedback button