Changes to waste collections: Waste Collections due to take place on Monday 19 September will now take place on Saturday 24 September.

Bulky item collections scheduled for Monday 19 September will now take place on Wednesday 21 September. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.  

Transfer a premises licence

Sometimes it is necessary to change the actual holder of a premises licence.  This might happen when, for example, a property is sold.

Applications need to be made by the new person or organisation taking on the licence.

Application forms and notices are available on the government website via the external link at the bottom of the page.

To transfer a licence, please send us:

  • a completed transfer application form
  • transfer consent form agreeing to the transfer signed by the previous licence holder
  • your current licence (but please keep the accompanying plan of the premises)
  • your payment of the current fee (£23). Please note our online payment system below requires a debit card, credit cards are not accepted.

Send to the police:

  • a copy of all the documents above
  • a completed form police information form (available to download below)

Police address: The Chief Officer of Police, The Licensing Section, Mansfield House, 74 Belgrave Gate, Leicester LE1 3GG or email  

Send to the Home Office:

  • a copy of the application form

Home Office address: The Alcohol and Licensing Team, Home Office, Lunar House, 40 Wellesley Road, Croydon, CR9 2BY or email

Interim Authority Notice

If you submit an interim authority notice, this must also go to Melton Borough Council, the Police and the Home Office.

Last updated 26 April 2022
A to Z of Council Services
Feedback button