Apply for a house to house collection permit

If you are planning to carry out a collection of money (or articles for sale or use) by going from house to house in the borough (including business premises) and the proceeds are for charitable purposes, you will need a permit from us.

Large charities sometimes have a Home Office exemption from registering with us, however, they must still inform us of the dates on which they wish to collect.

Once the collection has taken place, you will need to fill in a return showing how much money has been collected and how it has been allocated.

Direct Debit pledges

You do not need to apply for a permit or notify us if you wish to obtain direct debit pledges for registered charities.

There are currently no files for download
Last updated 2 November 2021
Feedback button