We are holding Borough and Parish Elections on 4 May.

Your vote matters, don't lose it. Make sure you are registered to vote and have an accepted form of photo ID to take with you.
Visit our elections pages to find out more or register to vote.

Apply for a dropped kerb

The construction of a dropped kerb (or vehicle crossover), to provide vehicular access to a private driveway from the public road, will always need the consent from Leicestershire County Council Highways Authority.

You will need planning permission from us if;

  • the road is classified. (GeoPlace has published a map of streets that includes road classification information from the National Street Gazetteer (whether a street is an A-Road, B-Road, C-Road or unclassified). This can be found at the Find My Street website listed below, or
  • the dropped kerb is not being provided in connection with other permitted development, such as a hard standing.

If you have obtained the consent of the Leicestershire County Council Highway Authority and you have established that the road is classified or not being provided in connection with other permitted development you can apply for Planning permission through the Planning Portal.

Last updated 25 August 2021
Feedback button