Report a change in circumstances

You must tell us immediately about changes in your circumstances for you, your partner, any dependent children or any non-dependent adult who lives with you.

If you do not inform us in enough time it may result in you receiving the incorrect benefit amount.

If you have received too much benefit you will have to repay it. 

To  report a change you will need to have a MyAccount login. If you don't already have a login you, can create an account. 

Changes you need to report

Here are some examples of changes we would need to know about:

  • If your wages change
  • If any benefits you receive increase, decrease or stop
  • If your private pension changes
  • If your savings change
  • If any other income you receive changes
  • If anyone moves into or out of your property
  • The income of other adults in your home changes
  • If you start or stop receiving Jobseeker's Allowance
  • If you start receiving tax credits
  • If you or your partner move house even if this move is temporary 
  • If you receive inheritance, this could include a property

Universal Credit 

If you receive Universal Credit you need to report a change in circumstances to them directly.

Last updated 25 November 2022
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.