Having difficulty paying your landlord

If you feel that you would find it difficult to manage paying your rent out of your monthly Universal Credit payment or you are in rent arrears and think you need extra support you can ask Universal Credit for a managed payment. These payments allow for the housing element of your Universal Credit award to be paid directly to your landlord.

The following people can request a managed payment: 

  • You
  • Your representative
  • Your landlord

You can request payments during your work search interview with your work coach or by phoning 0345 600 0723

Landlords can request payments through Universal Credit by completing their online form.

If your Universal Credit housing element does not cover all of your rent charge you may also be entitled to some extra financial help though our Discretionary Housing Payments Scheme.

Last updated 17 August 2021
Do you need to get in touch with us? Use our contact form.