We are holding Borough and Parish Elections on 4 May.

Your vote matters, don't lose it. Make sure you are registered to vote and have an accepted form of photo ID to take with you.
Visit our elections pages to find out more or register to vote.

Discounts for disabled people

You may receive a reduction on your Council Tax if a disabled person (adult or child) permanently lives in your property and:

  • Has an extra room or a second bathroom or kitchen which meets the special needs of their disability
  • There is sufficient floor space to permit the use of a wheelchair indoors

The reduction to your bill would be the difference between the charge of the current band on the property and the one below, for example if you live in a band C property, you would pay a band B charge.

If the property you live in is a band A, the reduction would be one ninth of the charge for a band D property.

If you believe you should be in receipt of this reduction please contact us for more information.

Last updated 2 March 2023
Feedback button